Most of us keep our dog on its lead unless we are well away from roads – but this doesn’t necessarily mean your pet is safe from cars.
We were really sad to hear about the death of a young puppy who drank from a puddle as he came back from a walk with his owner.
Sadly, the puddle was on the road and had been contaminated by anti-freeze which had leaked from a car. Despite the best efforts of a vet, the dog couldn’t be saved. His owners were left devastated and now want to start a campaign to warn people about the dangers of allowing their pet to drink from puddles.
So please pass this message on to other dog owners in the hope that it can prevent a similar tragedy. (Cats too can die after drinking anti-freeze stored in a garage or shed – it tastes sweet so you need to keep it locked away.)